Welcome


Welcome to my website. My name is Cat, I'm a teacher with extersive classroom experience in several countries around the world. 

Most recently I have been teaching English in Seoul, Korea. I was there for a year and a half and I loved it. One of the things I especially loved was the challenge of helping my students to discover why they were struggling to improve their English and then designing lessons to help them get through those blocks.

I found that there were several problems that caused students to stop improving and one of the biggest problems was the students listening skills. If a student has poor listening skills it effects both their grammar and their pronunciation. 

This website is to share the lessons I developed to help students improve in each of their problem areas. First I will be concentrating on lessons that use music to help students improve their listening skills, since they are so important.

You are welcome to use the individual lessons, or you can purchase them in sets of 30 once they are all on the website.


Please Note: 

This is a new course, I am aiming to upload five new lessons each week until I get a set of thirty lessons. When I reach that goal I will make the entire unit available for purchase as a package in a PDF format, all ready for photocopying. 

Go here to see what is/will be available on the website and what will be included in the package - there are lots of extra's.  

A sample of the full version of the first lesson can be found here.


An Additional Note:

If you have suggestions for songs you would like to have made into a lesson please put the YouTube link and your email address in the comment section below. I'll send a free full lesson of that song to the first person who gives me a good link to a particular song – as long as I like the song. I'm not wasting my time writing lessons for horrible music. I will still continue to add music based listening skill lessons in sets of 30 after the initial set is completed, and I will also be loading some other approaches as well.


One Final Note:

Please respect copyright. I put a lot of time into designing these lessons and testing the teaching methodology while I was teaching conversational English in Seoul Korea. I know it works. You are welcome to download and use the resources, that's why I posted them. If someone else wants to use them please direct them to the website so I can make an income through advertising :-) That's how I can afford to give the basic resources away for free.


The Really Last Final Note:

When I've completed the 3 or 4 sets of thirty lessons for listening skills I'm going to start adding lessons to help improve Pronunciation Skills. And after that there are some other lesson types I'm considering developing further. If you think there is a skill that needs more resources developed please tell me about it in the comments below. 


Cheers

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment